Uganda Kolping Society is a Lay Catholic Social Movement registered as a Non-Governmental Organisation and as a Company Limitted by Guarantee without shares. It is run and managed under the following structure:-
- The National Protector: Is the patron of UKS and official representative of the Society in the Uganda Episcopal Conference. The Rt. Rev. Albert Edward Dr. Baharagate is UKS first National Protector.
- The National Convention: This supreme assembly of members’ representatives convenes once every two years and after every four years elects the National Board of Directors.
- The National Board of Directors: Consists of two appointed and seven elected persons. It normally sits once every three months.
- The Executive Board: Handles and regulates day to day affairs through monthly meetings. This consists of 5 members from the Board of Directors, President or Vice President, Praeses, Treasurer, Secretary and the Executive Director.
- The National Office Management: Headed by the Executive Director implements policy on a daily basis. This consists of Administration, Finance, Community and Membership Development; National Projects and Technical Services.
- The Zonal and Diocesan Organisations: Are formed by the Kolping Families, approved by the Board of Directors and confirmed by the National Convention where and when deemed fitting.
- The Kolping Families: Are formed when at least twenty persons from twenty different and distinct natural families come together for the purpose.